Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just One Year Ago...




Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.
-2 Corinthians 9:15


Tomorrow is Julia's first birthday. My heart is overflowing with so much joy and yet there is a lingering feeling of sadness that resonates as well. We were advised when our baby girl was born to "hold on because it will fly by." This year has flown by in so many ways yet it feels like yesterday that she came into this world. I find myself yearning to hold that little 4 lb 15 oz baby that greeted us exactly 365 days ago. She had the bluest eyes and the darkest hair. Tom and I gazed at her in wonderment at the incredible nature of God's creation. How could hands be formed so small and delicate. October 14, 2008 at 11:21am was the most precious moment of our lives. I now realize that I did not experience God's greatest blessings until He allowed me to care for this precious life. What an honor it is to greet her every morning and see her precious smiling face peering over her crib. I am so thankful that He has chosen Tom and I to guide and teach her in the ways of the Lord...to teach her of His love and the freedom that comes from a true undying love for Him. I am reminded daily that Tom and I are servants of Him. We humbly ask for His guidance daily as we guide our daughter to live a life that shows the joy of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment