Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Living in a big girl world.

Everyday I tell my sweet Julia that she is mommy's "big girl" and she repeats "I mommy's big gull." I tell her that because "baby" is considered a put down. Little doesn she know that she'll always be my sweet baby.

There are days that I wish that I wasn't a big girl,not because of the responsibility of being a wife and mother but for the experiences we must face head on. I wish desperately that I didn't have to face the burdens that adults face, that I could return to innocence and bliss. I wish that I could return to a time when I just thought that people were "sad" or having a "bad day." There are days that are filled with such heartache and pain yet I look at little miss Julia and she doesn't seem touched by the sting of anguish that we as adults feel. As a family we have been burdened for a dear friend who is battling for her life and my heart physically aches for her and her family. I know that it is a part of growing up and also a gift to have the opportunity to love and carry the burdens of those you love but I would be lying if I said it didn't affect me.

It is my prayer that God will use me in a mighty way to show His love and affection for those around me no matter what the cost. God allows us to be close to those who need us most and to be close to the people we need. I am so thankful for the gift of friendship and for the beautiful people that God has put in my life. What blessings to have the opportunity to love such amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment