Friday, February 26, 2010

Busy Girl

My one year old daughter has quite a bit of energy. In fact, she almost never sits still. She is not the type to cuddle up on the couch and snuggle. She would much rather be running around the house or the yard. There have been times where she has run out of her shoes. Many days I find myself saying to her, “would you please be still, just for a few minutes!” I can see a lot of myself in her, she always has to be doing something.

This morning, she woke up early and I brought her into bed with me. To my surprise, she layed back and snuggled with me. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. She actually let me rub her back, stroke her hair, and just love on her. I told her she was beautiful, smart and special, and I loved her more than anything. It was so sweet, and a pleasant change of pace from me chasing her around all the time. I loved the quiet time with her and I think she did too. But, it wasn’t long before she was up, out of the bed and running around again.

I began to think about this encounter with my sweet girl. She is just like me – never wanting to sit still – always doing something. I realized she is sometimes missing out on the love I so desperately want to lavish on her because she won’t be still long enough.

I wonder how many days I’ve missed out on the love my heavenly Father wants to lavish on me because I won’t be still in His presence. How many times have I missed hearing Him say “you are beautiful,” “you are special,” or “I love you more than anything”?

I think I will try harder to wake up early and enjoy a little “still” time with my God. I don’t want to miss out on the love He so desperately wants to lavish on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment